Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Turkey Meatloaf

If you haven't gone turkey you should! It is lighter then beef and a little better for you! Everyone makes meat loaf their own way and I am no different as I change things up depending on what i have in my fridge that night.... well tonight this is how I made it

1lb ground turkey
3-4 carrots peeled and grated on the bigger side of the cheese grater
1 zucchini grated same as above
1/2 white onion finely chopped
1 red bell pepper finely chopped
1/4c Quinoa
2 egg whites
1tb Garlic powder or 2 cloves finely chopped fresh garlic
salt and pepper

add all this together and mix well cook at 400 for 45 minutes or more depending on how loafy your loaf is (:

I paired this with mashed sweet potatoes ( because they are way better then your idaho guys!) cut and boil them and leave the skins on for the extra vitamins!! I like to add a little milk butter and brown sugar when mashing them
oh and don't forget the steamed carrots one bag peeled and chopped